What will happen in the clinic
When you come to the clinic as a new patient,
- A specialist doctor will obtain a detailed clinical history with the effect of its symptoms on your quality of life
- A pelvic examination will be offered to assess the degree and severity of the disease
- You will be asked to fill in a questionnaire to help us understand your problems and find the best treatment that would suit you
- You will receive information about endometriosis and available treatment options.
- You will be given a detailed treatment plan.
- Any accessory investigation will be arranged (ultrasound scan, blood tests, CT scan or MRI scan).
- If the need arises, laparoscopy (looking inside the abdomen) and hysteroscopy (looking inside the womb) will be arranged appropriately.
- Further appointments will be made to discuss the results of the investigations and plan future interventions.
You will have ready access to the nurse specialist in the clinic for any queries or concerns